Reading Response Paper
Your reading response paper will replace your final exam and is due on Saturday, June 5th at 11:59pm. You will respond to ONE assigned reading of your choice (any assigned reading from weeks 1-10 as listed on the syllabus).
– In 750-1000 words double-spaced, briefly summarize and describe the assigned reading. (this summary should be in your introduction paragraph/one paragraph max).
– Reflect on and analyze some part/parts of the reading. This can be part of the reading that most interested you, confused you, etc. Make sure to explain what the section(s) of the reading you’ve chosen reflects about the reading overall.
– Make an argument that explains: a) why you’re writing about the part(s) of the reading you’ve chosen, b) how you’re analyzing or making sense of what you’ve read, and c) why you agree, partially agree, or disagree with the author.
– Your thesis statement (main argument) should be in towards the end of your first paragraph and should be approximately 1-2 sentences. Put your thesis statement in bold.
– Note that this should NOT be a compare and contrast paper. However, it is appropriate and encouraged to make connections to the lectures and other course readings when applicable, as long as your paper clearly focuses on one reading.
– Use at least three key terms/or concepts from class/or the readings in your response. Put these terms in bold.
– Please format these reflections so that your argument is clear to the reader.
– Grading: These assignments are graded out of 30 points. A top grade will reflect solid
understanding of the material; the ability to state the author’s ideas in your own words; a clear
analysis of the reading; a compelling argument based on this analysis; relevant connections to the course; and no grammar or spelling mistakes that impair comprehension.
– Papers that go over or under the word count are subject to grade penalties. Headings, titles, citations, etc. don’t count towards your length. A works cited page or bibliography is not required; do not use outside sources. Consult your TA with any questions.
No late submissions will be accepted! Please plan accordingly.
I have attached the assigned reading for this paper INTRODUCTION – FROM PATMOS TO THE BARRIO PP. 1-12.
The three concepts that would be put in bold for this paper are:
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.