PART 1 using the case study attached:
In 600 words respond to the following…..
● What biological, psychological, or social factors could be used to explain the case study offender’s criminal background? What theories might account for the offender’s behavior?
● How would you sentence the offender for the crimes committed? Be sure to address the following:
o What philosophical orientation(s) would guide your decision-making about sentencing?
o What mitigating factors and/or aggravating circumstances would you consider when deciding on sentencing?
o What type of sentence would you recommend and why?
o What sanctions would you recommend and why?
● Do you think the offender is likely to reoffend after completing their sentence? Why or why not? (100 words)
Support your response with evidence from the learning resources. You may also incorporate relevant professional experience.
PART TWO (not using the case study):
in 300 words respond to the following:
● Describe ways in which you experience, witness, or are aware of racial bias and discrimination in the correctional system.
● Describe at least two strategies you would use as a criminal justice practitioner to reduce racial bias and discrimination in the correctional system. Address any barriers that might arise. Support your response with evidence from the learning resources. You may also incorporate relevant professional experience.
support with references
© 2019 Walden University Page 1 of 1
Criminal Justice Case Studies
The Case of Jimmy Jimmy M. is a 21-year-old male who has just been arrested for stealing a car, driving while under the influence of drugs, and fleeing the scene of a deadly accident. Last night, Jimmy and a friend stole a luxury car parked in a neighborhood parking lot. Shortly after stealing the car, Jimmy and his friend smoked Fentanyl-laced cocaine and quickly became inebriated. Jimmy lost control of the car, crossed the median and hit an oncoming car head on, killing the two elderly passengers instantly. Jimmy and his friend sustained minor injuries and fled the scene. Thanks to eyewitness accounts, Jimmy and his friend were found and arrested shortly thereafter. Jimmy lives in a poverty-stricken and high crime area of town. He currently lives with his father and has no knowledge of his mother’s whereabouts. Jimmy’s father has mentally and physically abused him since he was a child, and regularly abuses drugs. Since childhood, Jimmy has suffered from a number of psychological issues and was recently diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder and bipolar disorder. Jimmy was kicked out of several public schools for fighting and has been arrested twice for assault and battery and once for intent to distribute heroin.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.