ALMOST FAMOUS ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT
1. The main character William Miller is based upon Cameron Crowe, answer the following questions about Cameron
A. After working for Rolling Stone what did Cameron go on to be known for?
B. Name some of Cameron’s greatest career successes.
C. Though they later split who did Cameron Crowe go on to marry?
2. The character Russell Hammond is based upon a few real life Rock Stars that Cameron spent time on the road with including Duane Allman and Robert Plant but the character is primarily based on what Rock Star??? From reading what similarities do you see in personality between Russell and that rock star?
3. In both real life and in the film Lester Bangs is a mentor for William (Cameron).
A. Describe the relationship in the film between Lester and William.
B. Also in real life in what city and in what circumstance did Cameron and
Lester meet (hint it is not the same as the movie)??
C. Lester has a quote at both the beginning and towards the end of the film
that William recalls. How do you think William’s interpretation of that quote
change between the first time he hears it and when he is reminded of it the
4. Taken within the context of the film how do you interpret the following quotes?
A. “The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you’re uncool.”
B. “If you want to be a true friend to them, be honest and unmerciful.”
C. “Most people, they’re just waiting to talk. But you listen.”
D. “Maybe we just don’t see ourselves the way we really are.”
E. “I have to go home” – William… “You are home.” – Penny
5. What industry role does Dick Roswell perform in the film? Does he do it well? Answer should be in-depth with examples to support.
6. Discuss in detail “you see man the Tshirt is everything!” What is the underlying issue? What does it say about relationships and the very real challenge of band dynamics?
7. Viewed over the course of the film, compare Penny Lane and Elaine Miller. How are they different? How are they similar?
Identify the following real people mentioned in the film AND give some real historical facts about the real people.
A. Glyn Johns:
B. Penny Lane (hint she is based off of a few people):
1. Bebe Buell
2. Penny Ann Trumball
C. Jann Wenner:
D. Frank Barsalona
8. The four main characters in the movie are William, Penny, Elaine, and Russell. Discuss:
A. How they each relate to the music industry
B. What journey does their character take? How do they change throughout
C. What is their philosophy and approach to the music business?
. 9. How do some plot points in Almost Famous integrate with concepts learned in class regarding the music business? Give 3 specific examples from both class notes and the text (so 6 in total) reference appropriate Content Sections for notes and page numbers for text.
RAGAMUFFIN MOVIE ANALYSIS
1. The main character Rich Mullins was a real life Christian singer, answer the following questions about Rich:
1.1. Where was Rich From? How did his environment play a factor in who Rich became?
1.2. From what denominational background did Rich come from?
1.3. Rich considered St. Francis of Assisi as a role model in the faith, who was St.
1.4. Francis and what was it about him that inspired Rich?
1.5. What does the term ragamuffin mean?
1.6. Why did Rich so closely identify with that term?
2. In both real life and in the film Brennan Manning is a mentor for Rich.
2.1. Describe the relationship in the film between Brennan and Rich.
2.2. Also in real life how did Rich and Brennan meet?
3. Taken within the context of the film how do you interpret the following quotes?
3.1. “I hate being different”…. “Sometimes I just wish I was more like them, I don’t belong here”
3.2. “The adoration our society craves is no use to me”
3.3. “Yeah, see those- all this talking you've been doing at your concerts? That's got to stop, OK? People are paying to hear you sing, not to hear you talk. Do you understand that? No, no, no. You're there to make fans, not enemies.”
3.4. “Whenever I hear people say that Christians are hypocrites, I kind of go ‘Man every time we get together we’re confessing that we’re hypocrites.”
3.5. “Every small conversation or fleeting moment of connection reminded me that despite all the flaws and tackiness of the Christian music industry, God had given me something to say and a platform to share it. I realized that music could be more than just music. ”
3.6. “I’m not trying to be a Christian Pop Star guys. I’m just trying to say something true.”
3.7. “Do you what a person is that doesn’t want anything or fear anybody? Dangerous!”
4. What industry role does Bryan Bontrager perform in the film?
4.1. Does he do it well?
4.2. Who is he based upon in real life? (Hint his first and last names both start with the letter B and has alliteration just like the character)
4.2.1. The real-life person’s daughter and son-in-law are both famous artists in their own right, name who they are, and their biggest accomplishments
4.3. Answer should be in-depth with examples to support.
5. What role did Matt Gast play in the film?
5.1. The character is based loosely upon Reed Arvin and Michael Blanton. Please outline who these individuals are and what their accomplishments and roles in the industry were/are.
6. Who is Amy Grant in real life?
6.1. What are her accomplishments?
6.2. What was her real-life relationship with Rich?
7. The five main characters in the movie are: Rich, Sam, Amy Grant, Jess, and Bryan Bontrager:
7.1. How they each relate to the music industry?
7.2. What journey does their character take?
7.3. How do they change throughout the movie?
7.4. What is their philosophy and approach to the music business?
8. How do some plot points in Ragamuffin integrate with concepts learned in class regarding the music business? Give 3 specific examples from both class notes and the text (so 6 in total) reference appropriate Content Sections for notes and page numbers for text.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.