Consider the setting of the exchange economy is as follows:
• There are only two goods.
• There are only two individuals (economic agents).
• No production: only exchange between these two people is possible; goods are consumed.
• The first agent has the utility function u(q1, q2)
• The second agent has the utility function v(z1, z2)
• The total endowments of these goods are W1 and W2.
Assume that utility functions are Cobb-Douglas form, that is:
To make the analysis easier, assume that W1 = W2 = 1
(1) Find the contract curve as a function of q1 vs q2 and graph it on the q1 − q2 plane when a= b = 1/2.
(2) Similarly, find the contract curve and graph it when a = 2/3 and b= 1/2.
Hint: Recall that on the contract curve, marginal rates of substitution (MRSs) must be equalized: MRS1=MRS2
Also, recall that MRS=marginal utility for good 1/marginal utility for good 2.
Use the relations: z1 = W1 − q1, z2 = W2 − q2.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.