The coursework is divided into two parts:
- The first part of your report should be no longer than 10 pages (excluding front page, indices, references and appendixes)
Further details about the 2nd part of coursework will be given later (read the not at the end).
The company works as an Engineering technology solution provider with expertise in physical measurements. They supply solutions for temperature, strain and pressure measurements for different kinds of industries. they have been using the same type of technology, relying mainly on conventional sensors. Recently they had queries from a number of clients about optical sensors for distributed measurements.
2. Meeting with the technical director (the task)
the possibility of developing a new range of products based on fibre optic sensing technologies is raised after the company board meeting. Technical director asks you for a study into the feasibility of including such products as part of the company’s portfolio.
The TD informs you that an initial report is required for the next board meeting. This initial report will assist the board in deciding on future plans and it should contain a brief and general review of different types of conventional pressure, strain and temperature sensors. It should then focus on a more detailed review of existing commercial fibre optic sensors and the markets they are currently being applied.
3. Report Requirement
1. A cover page containing a title (invented one that is relevant to the subject matter).
2. A brief review of the physical principles of operation of conventional temperature, strain and pressure sensors. This should be explained in your own words, using a clear and concise language, suitable to be taken by a person that is not an expert in the subject.
3. A focused and detailed review of currently marketed fibre optic sensing devices (direct competitors) for measurement of temperature, strain and pressure.
4. A review of the possible markets for the new fibre optic sensors stating the advantages and disadvantages of the new product in comparison to the conventional ones.
5. A review of the competitive landscape in the field, and the major commercial players your new product will compete with (including pricing and market location).
6. The report should have a clear and easy-to-follow structure, so that the company TD can quickly and easily find all the necessary information before the Board Meeting. Do not forget to add a table of contents and page numbers, and make sure that the section headings are helpful in navigating the document.
7. A comprehensive range of references (books/ papers/data sheets) from reputable sources. Consistent and accurate referencing format (IEEE).
1. Care should be taken with referencing materials, illustrations and data – all sources must be documented, in the interest of quality and traceability, and to avoid plagiarism. direct collusion or duplication of text or figures is academic misconduct and all participants will be penalised.
2.In the second part of the coursework, following on the success of convincing the board members in investing in a new product line you will be asked to prepare more slightly technical detailed report outlining a full development plan for a type of sensor and instrumentation unit.Details will be given after submitting the first part.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.