Both topics are required.
For each topic response, incorporate at least two (2) sources (1 internal and 1 external) and interact with at least one (1) classmate.
TOPIC 1: Customizing Global Marketing – a matter of degree
Basic marketing principles as we learned in MRKT 310 such as segmentation, targeting, differentiation, positioning and marketing mix (product, price, place, and promotion) remain constants in any marketing situation — that is why they are called principles. However, the application of those principles of marketing can vary from country to country. The more the product is global on the continuum the more standardized those marketing strategic decisions become.
Let's take the example of Dove Soap, a product which is considered a commodity here in the U.S. It is a mass-marketed product. But, in some underdeveloped countries soap is considered an expensive luxury and therefore is marketed to middle income and higher-income consumers. On the other hand, Camry, a product that is almost 100 years old, is sold in the US as a soap for beautiful women, but it is sold in some underdeveloped countries as a product with significant skincare benefits, similar to expensive moisturizers in the US. So, those products have different target markets with different value propositions, different pricing structures, different marketing communications. Yet, it's the same product.
YOUR TASK: Select a product you buy and use frequently, and make your best assessment of the product's target market, the way the manufacturer differentiates it, and how it is positioned in your home country. Explain how you would target and differently in an underdeveloped country of your choice. You might want to look up some of the characteristics of a country for more information on that country. The link The World Factbook – The World Factbook (cia.gov) will take you to the CIA World Factbook, a fertile source of economic and political information about every country in the world.
TOPIC 2: What makes a successful global brand?The global brand consultancy Interbrand, which publishes the annual Best Global Brands, highlights ten internal and external factors that lead to global brand success. Those factors are:Internal Factors
1. Direction – a clear purpose for the brand with a defined culture and values, as well a plan to deliver
2. Empathy – the degree to which the brand is in tune with customers' & stakeholders' needs, beliefs & desires
3. Alignment – the degree to which the whole organization is pulling in the same direction on strategy
4. Agility – speed to market in the face of opportunity or challenge
Adapted from Best global brands methodology. (2020). https://interbrand.com/thinking/best-global-brands-2020-methodology/
Check out the full descriptions for each of these factors at https://interbrand.com/thinking/best-global-brands-2020-methodology/
Cite the case narrative and any additional research you have done as your evidence.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.