Consider a recent project that you have worked on. This could be for a company or organization with which you are familiar, or even a personal project such as purchasing a home or planning a family gathering.
After your opening paragraph, which includes your thesis statement, identify your selected company or organization in no more than three paragraphs. Then, complete the following:
*Note: for the charts/diagrams, use MS Word, Excel, Google Docs or Google Sheets. You may also use any other suitable project-based software. A free Project management software called Libre is also available for download here https://sourceforge.net/projects/projectlibre/
1. Create either a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the project or Gantt Chart for planning and scheduling the project. Discuss why you used the type of chart you did.
2. Determine and document both probabilistic (t0, tp, and tm) and deterministic time estimates. Discuss how you arrived at these time estimates.
3. Using MS Word, Google Docs, or similar software, create a PERT network diagram with the Critical Path (CP) identified.
4. Calculate the slack time for each activity. Discuss the ramifications of slack in the CP for the activities and the project as a whole.
5. Develop the network diagram from the probability estimates. Discuss which path you would take and why.
6. For each activity, determine hypothetical costs in a table. Include budgeted costs, percent complete, actual/projected cost, and over/under budget (and total). Discuss the rationale for how you derived these costs.
7. Crash an activity on the Critical Path. Discuss the ramifications of crashing the activity you crashed.
Chapter 17 in Operations Management
Chapter 17 PowerPoint slides Module 12 Chapter 17 PowerPoint slides – Alternative Formats – Operations Management
Takakura, Y., Yajima, T., Kawajiri, Y., & Hashizume, S. (2019). Application of critical path method to stochastic processes with historical operation data. Chemical Engineering Research & Design: Transactions of the Institution of Chemical Engineers Part A, 149, 195–208. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cherd.2019.06.0
Hernández-Bastida, A., & Fernández-Sánchez, M. P. (2019). How adding new information modifies the estimation of the mean and the variance in PERT: a maximum entropy distribution approach. Annals of Operations Research, 274(1/2), 291–308.
Calp, M., & Akcayol, M. (2019). Optimization of project scheduling activities in dynamic CPM and PERT networks using genetic algorithms. Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences. 22(2), 615-627.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.