When faced with a choice between 2 or more possible answers, using a "STEPS" analysis may be a useful clinical decision making tool. The goal is to provide information for each agent and compare the results to aid in your decision.
S: safety – are there any serious drug interactions? Possible serious side effects or adverse drug reactions?
T – tolerability – consider any adverse drug effects or side effects that may be concerning to the patient such as: diarrhea, headaches, rash, etc.
E – efficacy – is one agent more efficacious than the other for the infection?
P – price – does the patient have insurance? will cost inhibit adherence or access to the medication?
S – simplicity – which regimen is simpler? Once a day dosing will likely have better adherence rates than three times a day dosing. Also, three days of an antibiotic may be preferable to 7-10 days. Depending on the drug you choose, the frequency and duration will vary.
Here's an example table
Drug 1Drug 2SafetyModerate drug interactions No drug interactions / serious ADRsTolerabilityDiarrheaDiarrhea, headachesEfficacySimilarSimilarPrice/Preference$100/7 days$30/3 daysSimplicity7 days, once daily dosing3 days, BID dosing
1. Which one would you choose and why?
2. Identify the available treatment strategies for CAP in an adult outpatient with comorbidities. Create your own "steps" analysis comparing the use of the available treatment regimens. Be prepared to compare and contrast your ideas with your classmates.
Post your initial response and respond to one student. Both responses should be a minimum of 150 words each, scholarly written, APA formatted, and referenced. A minimum of 2 references are required (other than your text). Refer to the Grading Rubric for Online Discussion in the Course Resource section.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.