After reading Chapter 13 in the workbook, answer the following questions:
1) Compare and contrast ways in which you have observed your field placement promote and practice cultural competence in its physical environment (ex. accessibility to persons with disabilities), written materials (reading materials, artwork, etc., that appeal to diverse groups of people), as well as staffing patterns (extent to which it is reflective of population served in terms of percentage or ratio).
2) Discuss at least two biases or prejudices that you have realized you have so far in your field placement. Remember that bias and prejudice involve a group or population, not just one specific person in which you may have conflict with. Discuss how these biases are impacting your learning experience in your field placement. Specifically identify the action steps will you use to work through the bias/prejudice. (NOTE: EVERYONE HAS BIASES and PREJUDICES).
3) Discuss and identify which population you prefer not to work with and elaborate on why. (This should be different than the response in question #2 and may include a population that you are not currently working with in your placement). Identify efforts/activities you can do to gain experience and understanding with this particular population.
4) What was the most surprising thing you learned from this chapter when addressing cultural competence in social work practice? Why? (Be specific.)
Final Journal Rubric
Final Journal Rubric
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEvidence of Critical Thinking Skills
Exhibits critical thinking abilities and provides specific examples on how he/she is applying these skills
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeApplication of Text/Resources
Uses and applies content from texts and lectures to demonstrate understanding
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeExhibits Self-Reflection and Creates Plans for Improving
Student identifies strengths, weaknesses, and identifies specific ways (a plan of action) on how to improve.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMaintains Professional Tone in Writing
Student is using professional writing skills consistently and does not use slang or confusing language. Considers his/her audience as supervisors or colleagues.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGrammar/Usage/Spelling/Punctuation
Student clearly proofreads and provides correct usage, sentence structure and other technical writing skills.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEvidence of Preparation/Time Management
Appears student thought thoroughly and deliberately through each question. Student responds to all questions and thought through each answer. No vague or brief responses.
Total Points: 100
use this book to read and for assignment:
Garthwait, C. (2019). The social work practicum: A guide and workbook for students (8th ed.). Boston: Pearson.
Student that writing assignment is doing internship at a militart institution in mental health adapt and family advocacy.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.